Why Exercise Is Damaging Your Client’s Hair and How to Prevent It
While women exercise they want their hair secure and out of their face. The hair is usually thrown in a bun or ponytail and off they go. It’s also very likely that it’s the same ponytail or bun every time… because humans are creatures of habit.
As a stylist, you are likely cringing at this point because you can begin to see the damage that can come while your clients get their calorie burn on.
Ask your clients about their hair routine while they exercise and turn it into an education on damage and prevention. Plus, I’m going to make this super easy for you by breaking it down into easily explainable chunks.
Let’s begin with the damage talk. Explain to your client that hair cuticles are cells that overlap like fish scales. When the hair is healthy and smooth those scaly cells fit nicely on top of each other. When those cells don’t lay smoothly it causes these 3 signs of damage.
- Frizz – Dry and bleached hair is caused by exposure to UV light.
- Split Ends – These unflattering ends are caused by too much sun exposure and sweat.
- Breakage – Women who exercise a lot may find that their hair is breaking at the place their hair tie lies.
Now, onto the prevention part. Here are 5 things to share with your client to prevent damage to their hair while they exercise.
- Wear your hair differently each time you workout. That way, you’re not pulling at the same spot all the time, causing breakage.
- Wearing your hair in a loose bun or braid to avoid matting and contact with sweaty skin. Tangles and sweat cause your hair to dry out.
- Use hair ties made of ribbon or fabric. Saying no to elastic makes sure the hair isn’t too tight.
- Run early in the morning or late in the afternoon. This way you avoid the sun’s most harmful UV rays.
- Use a conditioning and/or keratin treatment occasionally to keep hair, hydrated and strong.
Lastly, you can use this prevention chat to pitch a hydration product or a smoothing service. By expressing what to look for and how to prevent damage, your exercising clients will thank you with their loyalty.
- Published in Hair Care, Hair Products, Hair Salon, Hair Styling, Hair Tips, Lifestyle, science, shiny hair
6 Stunning Benefits of Hair Smoothing Treatments
Gone are the days of hair being forced to be straight and smooth. Japanese straightening treatments permanently alter the hair’s structure. Instead, Keratin treatments create a healthy protein layer around the hair shaft. This smoothes the cuticle and makes the hair smoother, softer and manageable. But that’s not all Keratin Smoothing can do. Here are 6 amazing benefits of these incredible smoothing treatments.
Smoothing benefits last 3-5 months.
Brazilians are another type of hair smoothing treatment, but it can clog the scalp and only lasts 3 months. On the other hand, Keratin smoothing contains less harsh chemicals and silicones and lasts 3-5 months.
It has a deep conditioning effect.
Keratin treatments add a protein layer around the hair shaft and in turn smoothes the cuticle. This enhances moisture balance and controls static. This deep conditioning effect provides shine, softness and frizz control.
It contains chemicals and silicones that are less harsh and have minimal fumes.
Now, here’s where we need to get specific. Not all keratin treatments are created equal. Keratin treatments use less harsh chemicals than a Brazilian, but it is Keratherapy that has fewer fumes than its keratin competitors. Fewer fumes mean happier clients and a happier you.
There is no demarcation line as hair grows out.
Keratin treatments seal the cuticle instead of changing the hair structure. Hair grows out naturally without that awful demarcation line. In fact, it extends the life of colored hair.
The continuum of keratin treatments allows for curl calming control.
Keratin treatments also calm curl… the stronger the treatment the stronger the curl reduction. The great thing is that you have control over this. Keratherapy has a continuum of treatment so that you can choose which treatment is right for your client. Maybe your client wants the smoothing effect without losing their curl, that is a need that can be met by these incredible treatments.
Hair proteins are built back up after being stripped over time.
By sealing the cuticle, keratin treatments prevent breakage, rebuilds damaged hair, promotes elasticity, protects from heat, and mends split ends.
Does this all sounds too good to be true? I’ll prove it to you. Attend our Keratherapy certification class and see the transformational power of Keratin treatments.
- Published in Hair Care, Hair Products, Hair Salon, Hair Styling, Hair Trends, science